Friends, welcome back to banker guru adda Find Here SBI Clerk PO General/Financial Awareness Syllabus & Topics to cover
Current Affairs This would primarily focus on all news based items from various fields like sports, awards, summits, new appointments, obituaries, Indian Defence, etc. Please be thorough with newspaper, preferably "THE HINDU".
- Indian Financial System – Overview of Financial Markets (Money Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like investment bankers, underwriters, stock exchanges, registrars, depositories, custodians, portfolio managers, mutual funds, primary dealers, Authorised dealers, self regulatory organizations, etc. Also read important committees and its recommendations
- History of Indian Banking Industry - (Pre Independence, Post Independence, Nationalisation), Structure of Indian Banking, Types of Banks (Scheduled, Cooperatives), categorisation of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), NHB, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, IDBI its role etc and concept of NBFC
- Regulatory Bodies like – RBI, (RBI History/ Functions/ Roles/) SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc its role functions and fact based details
- Monetary & Credit Policies who decides, basis of change and its relation with Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) CRR/ SLR/ Repo/ Re-Repo/Bank Rate etc.
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget – Discussion of Budget related terminologies like GDP, Fiscal Deficit, Various kinds of taxes, Government revenue model and spending etc. and discussion on Union Budget 2016. Also major pointers for Rail Budget and Economic Survey to be read.
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions – IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN related agencies, recent development in them members heads etc functions, recent loans given by them to India or any country in the world where Crisis is going on
- Capital Market & Money Market – Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like (1. Call/Notice Money 2. Treasury Bills 3. Term Money, 4. Certificate of Deposit 5. Commercial Papers or Capital Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
- Government Schemes – All important schemes for ex. Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman , All schemes discussed in budget - the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies - Frequently discussed in newspaper
- Other important concepts like – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other important concepts.