Directions: (31-5) Which of the phrases1), 2), 3) , 4) and 5) given below each statement should be placed in the blankspace provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence?
1. A situation where the total value of share capital that is used to purchase another company is less than the total value of the equity that is being purchased.______________ that it raised in new stock offerings to buy the stock of another com pany. In this case, the stock that is bought by the company should be worth more than the share capital that was used to buy it.
1) The higher the cash flows (revenues, collection of accounts receivables, etc) the higher the stock price.
2) This can be contrasted with fundamental analysis
3) This is because investors care about the cash flows and what those flows mean to them in the present.
4) Although budget deficits may occur for numerous reasons, the term usually refers to a conscious attempt to stimulate the economy by lowering tax rates or increasing government expenditures.
5) A merger deficit can occur when a company takes the funds
2. _______It is usually performed by non-experts (or sometimes by an expert in case of an emergency), but trained personnel to a sick or injured person until definitive medical treatment can be accessed. Certain self-limiting illnesses or minor injuries may not require further medical care past the first aid intervention.
1) There are some conditions that require first aid.
2) While first aid can also be performed on all animals, the term generally refers to care of human patients.
3) First aid is the first care given to an injured person. 4) First aid training also involves the prevention of initial injury and responder safety, and the treatment phases. And it is a kit of aid.
5) Basic training in first aid skills should be taught in school, in work places and, in general, be learnt by all, as it is mandatory to our modern and stressful life.
3. Mobile social media refers to the combination of mobile devices and social media. This is a group of mobile marketing applications that _____.
1) Is to create mobile apps to give their users instant and real-time access from their device.
2) Allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.
3) Is web-based social networks take advantage of mobile features and accessibility.
4) Applications include table and wall projections.
5) Process is called image registration.
4.There are large numbers of professional courses at the undergraduate level in our country. The education system in the country saw a revolution with the emergence of a whole new class of education providers, including private institutes, distance education providers, self-financing courses in public institutions, foreign education providers etc_______.
1) Students now feel the need to upgrade their technical and theoretical knowledge and grow in their field.
2) They hope this will help them in their career ahead.
3) Students just need to attend two days’ class in a week.
4) Student may opt for any of it depending upon their interest and condition of eligibility.
5) These short-term courses come easy on your pocket.
5. People want entertainment. Life without entertainment can be boring. Every country has its own customs and conventions and entertainment varies. People have different tastes and often their tastes are decided by the cultural milieu they grow up in. In India also, entertainment is an integral part of life. ________. At social gatherings entertainment is very essential. Even at home people like to be entertained to relax after a day’s hard work.
1) The forms of entertainment vary from region to region.
2) Television service is available throughout the country.
3) Although people’s attention is held by different things, because individuals have different preferences in entertainment, most forms are recognisable and familiar.
4) The experience of being entertained has come to be strongly associated with amusement,
5) The familiar forms of entertainment have the capacity to cross over different media and have demonstrated a seemingly
unlimited potential for creative remix.
Directions: (6-10): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted.
Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. Though my company’s share in the global market is still nearly 4% only, there is increasing _____of horticulture produce from the country. This has occurred due to ______developments in the areas of state-of-the-art cold chain infrastructure and quality assurance measures
1) Farmland, constituted 2) discrimination, ensure 3)acceptance, concurrent 4) Club, economic 5) utilisation, comprehensive
7. The middle of the boardroom _______an important presentation to a top client is probably not a great idea, but there are more private situations and you should feel free to try it from time to time if the _______takes you.
1) Yet, ways 2) that, bottlenecks 3) conversion, process 4) during, urge 5) impact, circumstances
8. The north east India’s __________dress is a cultural expression which has ___________-slow modification and yet remained a marker of identity and social unity.
1) Indigenous, undergone 2) special, disconcerting 3) entitled, invoked 4) verdict, contradict 5) views, introduced
9. Our college team visit each village and request families to ____________that their daughters start going to schools and the results have been___________
1) Opined, brought 2) ensure, overwhelming 3) reconsider, unprecedented 4) curiosity, counterpart 5) raised, allowed
10. After all, in a__________ competitive job market, companies want employees who boast critical thinking and problem solving skills can _______________across networks, and bring creativity and imagination to the workplace.
1) Entirely, exercise 2) overrule , found 3) forced, reworked 4) fiercely , collaborate 5) interpreting, require
1.5 , 2.3, 3.2, 4. 4, 5.1 , 6.3 , 7.4 , 8.1, 9.2, 10. 4