Directions (Q. 1-3): Four of the following five are alike in some manner while the fifth one is different. Choose the odd one out.
1. 1) worry 2) anger 3) joy 4) sorrow 5) feeling
2. 1) hour 2) minute 3) watch 4) second 5) year
3. 1) improvement 2) correction 3) betterment 4) elevation 5) All are synonyms
Directions (Q. 4-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
A + B means ‘A is mother of B’.
A – B means ‘A is father of B’.
A × B means ‘A is husband of B’.
A B means ‘A is daughter of B’.
4. If P × S ¸ T – V, then how is V related to P?
1) Brother 2) Brother-in-law 3) Sister 4) Sister-in-law 5) Can’t be determined
5. Which symbols should come in place of question mark (?) respectively in order to make the ralation ‘R is daughter-in-law of T’ and ‘W is grand mother of Z’?
T ?W + C × R ?Z
1) ×, × 2) ×, + 3) ×, – 4) + or ×, + 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Seven conferences on Marketing, Finance, HR, Real Estate, Hospitality, Management, and Banking were scheduled to be held in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Bhopal and Chennai, on one day in a week starting from Monday and ending on Sunday.
Conference on Hospitality was held in Hyderabad on Friday. Only one conference was held between conference on hospitality and Finance. Conference on Management was held immediately after HR but immediately before Banking. Conference on Management was not held in Indore. The conference held on Monday was held in Delhi. Only one conference was held between conferences on Banking and the conference held in Mumbai. The conference on HR was not held in Mumbai. Conference in Pune was held immediately before conference in Indore. Conference on Real Estate was not held on Monday. Conference in Chennai was not held after conference in Mumbai.
6. If Delhi is related to Pune and Banking is related to Real Estate in a certain way, then to which of the following would Indore be related to, following the same pattern?
1) Bhopal 2) Chennai 3) Mumbai 4) Delhi 5) None of these
7. In which of the following cities was conference on Banking held?
1) Chennai 2) Mumbai 3) Delhi 4) Bhopal 5) Indore
8. How many conferences were held between conferences on Marketing and Real Estate?
1) None 2) One 3) Two 4) Three 5) Four
9. On which of the following days was the conference on HR held?
1) Monday 2) Tuesday 3) Wednesday 4) Thursday 5) Friday
10. Which of the following conferences was held on Monday?
1) Banking 2) Management 3) HR 4) Marketing 5) Cannot be determined
1. 5; Except feeling, all other are types of emotion.
2.3; Except watch, all others specify duration of time.
(6 to 10)
6. 3; There is one day gap between conferences held in Delhi and Pune. Similarly, there is one conference between conferences on Banking and Real Estate. Therefore, Indore would be related to Mumbai.
7. 5; The conference on Banking was held in Indore
8. 5; Four conferences were held between conferences on Marketing and Real Estate.
9. 2; The conference on HR was held on Tuesday.
10. 4; The conference on Marketing was held on Monday.