Directions (Q. 1 – 5): In each of the questions below, three statements are given followed by two conclusions
numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with the commonly
known facts and then decide which of the given two conclusions logically follows from the given statements.
1) If only conclusion I follows. 2) If conclusion II follows.
3) If either conclusion I or II follows. 4) If neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) If both conclusion I and II follow.
1. Statements : All colleges are universities. No university is a school. All schools are hostels.
Conclusion: I. All colleges being hostel is a possibility. II.All hostels being universities is a possibility.
2. Statements : All pens are pencils. No pencil is a paper. Some papers are note books.
Conclusion:- I.Some papers are pens. II.Some pencils are pens.
3. Statements: All bikes are vehicles. No vehicle is a motor. All motor are machines.
Conclusion:- I.No machine is a bike. II.All vehicles being machines is a possibility.
(Q. 4 – 5):
Statements :- No red is book. Some books are novels. All novels are writers.
4. Conclusion:- I. All writers are Red. II.Some books are not writer.
5. Conclusion:- I.All red being writers is a possibility. II.No red is a novel.
Directions (Q. 6-10) : Read the following information carefully and answer the given questions : Eight people A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table facing the centre of the table but not necessarily in the same order. Each of them has a different profession, viz Teacher, Singer, Doctor, Accountant, Lawyer, Banker, Businessman and Actor. A sits third to the right of the Actor. Only two people sit between the Actor and H. Doctor and Businessman are immediate
neighbours. Neither A nor H is either Businessman or a Doctor. The Businessman is not an immediate neighbour of the Actor. The teacher sits second to the left of E. E is not an immediate neighbour of H. The Teacher is an immediate neighbour of both the Accountant and Lawyer. The Lawyer sits third to the right of B. B is not Businessman. C sits on the immediate right of the singer. A is not a Singer. F is not an immediate neighbour of A. G is not an immediate neighbour of the Teacher.
6. Who among the following sits third to the left of E ?
1) Teacher 2) Lawyer 3) Singer 4) Banker 5) None of these
7. Who among the following is a Banker ?
1) A 2) C 3) H 4) G 5) D
8. What is the profession of B ?
1) Teacher 2) Banker 3) Doctor 4) Businessman 5) None of these
9. Who among the following is an Accountant ?
1) C 2) F 3) G 4) H 5) A
10. Which of the following pair is true ?
1) F – Lawyer 2) A – Businessman 3) B – Doctor 4) E – Actor 5) None of these
(6 to 10)
6. 2; 7. 1; 8. 3; 9. 2; 10. 3;