Directions (Q. 1-5): Following are the conditions for the selection of a historian in an organisation: To be eligible for selection, the candidate must
I. be a postgraduate in History with minimum 55% marks.
II. have secured minimum 65% marks in graduation in any discipline.
III. have completed 21 years of age but not more than 30 years of age as on 1.4.2014.
IV. have at least one year post-qualification work experience.
V. have cleared the selection test with at least 60 per cent marks. However, if a candidate satisfies all the conditions except
(i) at I above, but has three-year post-qualification work experience, the case may be referred to the Chairman of the organisation.
(ii) at IV above, but has cleared the selection test with more than 65 per cent marks, the case may be referred to the Vice Chairman of the organisation. In each of the following questions, details of one candidate are given. You have to read the information and on this basis decide the course of action to be taken. All the cases are given to you as on 1.4.2014. Give answer 1)if the candidate is to be selected.
Give answer 2)if the case is to be referred to the Vice-Chairman.
Give answer 3)if the case is to be referred to the Chairman.
Give answer 4)if the data provide are not adequate to take a decision.
Give answer 5)if the candidate is not to be selected.
1. Shashidhar Prasad graduated in History with 67 per cent marks and has just done his post graduation in the same subject with 55 per cent marks. He shall turn 24 this year. In the selection test he obtained 62 per cent marks.
2. Madhav Gajanan did his graduation in 2008 at the age of 20 and obtained 69% marks. He did his post graduation in Political Science with 53% marks. He has been working thereafter for more than three years. He cleared the selection test with 66 per cent marks.
3. Ravi Morarka, who was born on 31.3.1987, graduated in Political Science with 66% marks. After his post graduation in History with 54% marks, he decided to work. Having served in an NGO for four years, he appeared for the selection test, in which he got 60 per cent.
4. Ajith Pillai is a fresher with brilliant academic record. Born on 17 July, 1991, he graduated in Physics with 78 per cent and then pursued post graduation in History and scored 65 per cent. He scored 68 per cent in the selection test.
5. Abha Rani graduated in 2007 with 65% marks at the age of 21. She did her post graduation in 2009 with55% marks. She has the requisite work experience and selection test score.
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each of the following questions consists of five unmarked figures followed by five figures marked 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Select a figure from the marked figures which will continue the series established by the unmarked figures.
The whole figure rotates by 90° ACW. The shaded ball moves inside after two steps and comes out in the next. The circle and plus move inside and outside in each step
The half-shaded square rotates by 90° CW in each step while 1, 4, 3, 4, 1 ... parts of the other square get shaded in subsequent steps. The arc rotates by 90° CW in each step. The whole figure rotates by 90° ACW
The ACW-end element remains static. The second from CW end shifts one side CW. The other three move one-and-a-half sides ACW while the second from the ACW end is replaced by a new one in alternate steps.
The arrow rotates by 45° ACW, 45° ACW, 90° CW, 45° ACW, ... in subsequent steps and moves two steps ACW. The semilunar element moves diagonally. For others follow if 1 = 4, 2 = 5 then 3 = 6 rule.
In alternate steps a bar and an arrowhead is added while the existing arrows get inverted vertically and laterally.