Directions (Q. 1 –5): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) The checking of the examination copies had just begun, and on being warned by Head of department of the college being checked at college premises, the principal of college decided to hold the checking of the examination copies themselves.
B) The principal of college appointed a committee to verify his report.
C) According to the report on the incident of failed students submitted by him, to the principal of college, he did not fail to any management student; in fact there was no copy of management student in the bundle.
D) The report also says that there was no communal tension or the possibility of any clashes between examiner and student.
E) The report called his action "blemish–free".
F) After the suspension, he was attached to the Board of Exam, the state capital.
G) After the examiners association protested in this case, the principal of college said that the suspension order would be reviewed, but despite the assurances, no decision has been taken.
1. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) D 4) F 5) C
2. Which of the following would be the LAST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) C 3) G 4) E 5) A
3. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) D 4) C 5) A
4. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) G 3) D 4) E 5) F
5. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
1) D 2) G 3) B 4) E 5) A
Direction (6-10): Which of the phrases 1), 2), 3) and 4) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the
following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is
required, mark 5) as the answer :
6. My daughter is not sure if there are vacancies in her company, but she will ask around the office.
1) Will ask in the office. 2) Can confirm it. 3) Would call around the office. 4) Will ask the colleagues out. 5) No error.
7. Ridhi and Sidhi do not have enough money for a treat so all of us need to come down as well.
1) Need to cheer up as well. 2) Need to come apart as well.
3) Need to cut into the treat. 4) Need to chip in as well. 5) No error.
8. She was a good dancer, but she was hold on from succeeding by her husband, who wanted her to manage home instead.
1) Was held back 2) Will keep on 3) Was hanged up 4) Was holding back 5) No error.
9. My brother–in–law is planning a sleep off in Shimla on his anniversary.
1) Planning a show off 2) Going to set over 3) Planning a sleep over 4) Planning to set up 5) No error.
10. Kishan sends the wrong file this time; we will have to dare it over.
1) Have to cut it off. 2) Have to dress up. 3) Have to dispose it. 4) Have to do it over. 5) No error.
1. 3 , 2.1 , 3.5 , 4.2 , 5.4 , 6.5 , 7.4, 8.1 , 9.3 , 10.4