Directions (Q. 1– 5): Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. Poor people simply refer to people living below the poverty line. __we are still on the path of __, there is large number of people living without basic needs.
1) as if, evolution 2) provided that, flowering 3) since, smirk 4) as, development 5) but, maturity
2. Whenever I think __to my childhood days, stories of my grand mother __to my mind.
1) of, lewd 2) back, come 3) off, enter 4) after, elevate 5) back, approach
3. As a fresher, he decided to go to Delhi with Rs.1000 in hand, and landed __at the export firm that dealt with brass, for a job. Soon he grew in __and bought the same establishment that he worked for.
1) up, stature 2) by, status 3) to, impotence 4) in, position 5) out, rank
4. I and my daughter decided to work on same project __conflicts of ideas __her to relieve herself of this project and assets were sold.
1) though, drive 2) even if, manage 3) then, dissuade 4) by the time, with 5) but, let
5. Keeping the student’s top of mind will help you __the big mistake so many famous professor make, they deliver their lecture from their own__. Instead, you need to deliver your lecture from the perspective of the students whom you want to train.
1) avoid, perspective 2) avert, scene 3) face, outlook 4) stay, aspect 5) skip, objectivity
Directions (Q. 6 –10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) One day I also saw a girl riding bike so enthusiastically that I was confused whether it was a girl or a boy.
B) Can’t she be considered just another girl who has different hobbies and loves to explore the world?
C) A little girl is expected to play with doll and stay quiet, be polite, follow rules of the house.
D) Why is it that if a teenage girl plays football, rides vehicle and dresses in cargo and t-shirt, she’s considered a tomboy?
E) Adding to that confusion was her way of reacting, wearing sense and speed of riding bike.
F) That is just made for her to transform her to become an elegant Lady
6. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) D 4) F 5) C
7. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) C 3) B 4) E 5) A
8. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) F 4) C 5) A
9. Which of the following would be the LAST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) C 2) F 3) D 4) E 5) B
10. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
1) D 2) F 3) B 4) E 5) A
1.4 , 2.2 , 3.1 , 4. 5 , 5.1 , (6-10): CFDBAE 6.1 , 7.5 , 8.3, 9.4 , 10. 1