1. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
1) BRAHMOS 2) ASTRA 3) PRAHAAR 4) ARIHANT 5) SHAURYA
2. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word CONSERVATIVE each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet ?
1) Seven 2) Eight 3) Nine 4) Ten 5) More than Ten
3. In a certain code 'DEMURE' is written as 'UREDEM'. How is 'REMIND' is written in that code ?
1) INDMER 2) INMERD 3) DINRME 4) DREMNI 5) INDREM
6. Read the following information carefully and answer the question which follows :
'M – N' means 'M is the sister of N'. 'M × N' means 'M is the father of N.'
'M ÷ N' means 'M is the son of N.' 'M + N' means 'M is the daughter of N.'
What will come in place of question mark (?) to establish that B is the Son–in–law of C in the following expression ?
B × D + A – G ? C
1) + 2) × 3) – 4) ÷ 5) Either + or ÷
7. Anand went to his college straight 15m towards West direction and then he turns towards his right and walks 25 m. He then turns to his left walks 10m. Finally he turns to his left and walks 5 m. to reach his college. In which direction is he now from the starting point ?
1) South 2) North – East 3) North – West 4) South – East 5) West
Directions (Q. 8 –10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions : India today conclave being organised in New Delhi several leaders like Omar Abdullah, Ashok lahiri, V. K. Bajaj, S. Y. Quarishi, Jairam Ramesh, Deepika Padukone and Harish Slave are participating in it. Sports, Peace and Trust, Relations, Human life, Terrorism, Education and Politics. The topics on which the leaders will be speaking on anyone but not necessarily in the same order. They will be speaking on different week of the days.
A) Omar Abdulla speaks on sports on Saturday.
B) There is a gap of one day between the topics of Human life and politics.
C) S.Y. Quarishi speaks on Terrorism.
D) Deepika Padukone speaks on Thursday.
E) Ashok Lahiri speaks on Human life on Monday.
F) Harish Slave speaks on Politics.
G) Jairam Ramesh speaks on Peace and Trust.
H) No leader speaks on Relation either on Friday or Sunday.
I) Terriorism is spoken on Friday.
8. Which of the following topic spoken on Tuesday ?
1) Politics 2) Relation 3) Terrorism 4) Education 5) None of these
9. Which of the following combination is true ?
1) V. K. Bajaj – Relation – Wednesday 2) Harish Slave – Politics – Thursday
3) S. Y. Quarishi – Terrorism – Friday 4) Deepika Padukon – Education – Sunday
5) Jairam Ramesh – Peace and Trust – Monday
10. Deepika Padukone spoken on which topic ?
1) Politics 2) Relation 3) Human life 4) Education 5) Sports
1. 4; Except ARIHANT all are guided missile.
ARIHANT is a submarine.
2. 3; C O N S E R V A T I V E
(NV, NT, SV, TV, AE, EN, NO, TV, EO)
5. 4; N > O, M > N and R ≤ Q only option 4 will satisfy.
(8 to 10)
8.2; 9.3; 10.4