Direction (Q. 1-5): Each of the questions below consist of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both statements and give answer.
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, While the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If data either in statement I alone or statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data in statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both statement I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Among Arun, Farhan, Dolly, Era, Chintu and Babu, who the lightest than only the heaviest?
I. Babu is heavier than Arun and Era.
II. Farhan is heavier than Babu but lighter than Dolly, who is not the heaviest.
2. How is M related to N?
I. N is the only daughter of Y, who is P's grand father.
II. P is sister of S, who is son of M.
3. Six person M, N, O, P, R and S are sitting around a circular table facing centre. Who is sitting on the immediate left of M?
I. N is sitting opposite O, and P is sitting opposite R.
II. S is sitting on immediate left of N.
4. In which direction city A is with respect to city B?
I. A is in south of X. Which is to the east of P.
II. A is to the south- east of P. X is to the south-east of B.
5. How many students are there in the class?
I. Richa's rank is 19 from the bottom and she is 4 ranks above of Nilesh.
II. Anuj's rank is 7th from the top. and is 8 ranks above Tarun, Who is 30 from the bottom.
Direction (Q. 26-.30): Study the following information and answer the questions given below: Eight politicians - Aakash, Bhuvan, Rayis, Digvijay, Ishwar, Firoj, Arind and Hitesh- are sitting around a circular table, facing the centre but not necessarily in the same order. Each of them win from a different assembly seats, viz. Laxmi Nagar, Sahadra, Chandni Chowk, Preet Vihar, Nirman Vihar, Tilak Nagar Lajpat Nagar and Dawarka. Aakash sitsthird to the right of the person who wins from Dawarka. The politician who wins from Chandni chowk and Lajpat Nagar are immediate neighbours. Only two politicians sits between the winner of Dawarka seat and Hitesh. Neither Aakash nor Hitesh won from Chandni Chownk and Lajpat Nagar Seats, The politicians who wins from Lajpat Nagar seat is not an immediate neighbour of the politician who wins from Dawarka seat. The winner of Laxmi Nagar seat sits second to the left of Ishwar. Ishwar is not an immediate neighbour of Hitesh. The winner of Laxmi Nagar seat is an immeidate neighbour of both Nirman Vihar seats winner and Preet Vihar seats winner. The winner of Nirman Vihar seat sits third to the right of Bhuvan. Bhuvan do not win from Lajpat Nagar seat Rayis sits on the immeidate right of the winner from Sahadra seat. Aakash do not win fromSahadra. Firoj is not an immediate neighbour of Aakash. Arvind is not an immediate neighbour of the winner from the Laxmi Nagar seat.
6. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and thus form agroup. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
1) Firoj- Sahadra 2) Arvind - Tilak Nagar 3) Digvijay - Laxmi Nagar 4) Aakash - Nirman Vihar 5) Bhuvan - Dawarka
7. Who among the following sits third to the left of Ishwar?
1) Hitesh 2) Aakash 3) Digvijay 4) Arvind 5) Bhuvan
8. Who among the following is the winner of Tilak Nagar seat?
1) Aakash 2) Rayis 3) Hitesh 4) Arvind 5) Digvijay
9. Which seat does Bhuvan win from?
1) Sahadra 2) Laxmi Nagar 3) Preet Vihar 4) Chandni Chowk 5) None of these
10. Who sits on the immeidate left of politican who wins from Dawarka seat?
1) Rayis 2) Firoj 3) Bhuvan 4) Hitesh 5) Ishwar
1.5; From I: Babu > Arun > Era
From II: Dolly > Farhan > Babu and Dolly is not
From I and II together:
Chintu > Dolly > Farhan > babu > Arun and Era, Chintu
must be the heaviest so, Dolly will be the only one lighter
than heaviest. Thus, both I and II are necessary.
From I : Since Nilesh rank not specified, we can’t
determine total no. of students.
From II: Anuj is seventh from top & 8 ranks above Tarun
that means there are 7 students between them. Tarun’s rank
from the bottom is 30.
So, No. of students= (8 + 7 + 30 – 1)= 44
Hence, only II is sufficient.
(6 to 10)
6.5 , 7.3 , 8.1, 9.4 , 10.3