Directions (Q. 1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The
error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error', the answer is
5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. 1) At this stage, 2) Select the right funds is the key,
3) And that needs expertise 4) Which the investment adviser brings to the table.
5) No error
2. 1) Meanwhile there are no restraint 2) On security forces
3) Empowered by the Armed Forces 4) Special Power Act from pouring in 5) No error
3. 1) Yes, we are going through a period of stress, 2) But I am absolutely confident
3) We can overcome this period of stress 4) And return a high growth path 5) No error
4. 1) China has joined the US and Russia 2) Because the Chinese programme still legs behind
3) When compared with the US 4) And Russia in the field of technology. 5) No error
5. 1) If we continue to walk on this path, 2) That we did only a few years ago
3) I have no doubt 4) That we will climb back to high growth. 5) No error
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) To love God and remain devoted to him is the best antidote to the evils of anger, malice, avarice an d sinful tendencies.
B) These names thus become useful aids to people in their spiritual effort at meditation.
C) Earlier, My friend Sheelu had spoken at length on righteousness, morals and ethics that can survive only if people uphold these virtues with commitment against the powerful effects of evil.
D) She expounds the God's various names that describe his infinite nature as well as his various forms and auspicious qualities.
E) She now accedes to the God's bidding, knowing this to be God's wish.
F) The highest religion that can relieve one from the cycle of birth and the only solace in this modern age is to worship God with devotion.
G) Saluting the God with love and reverence, Sheelu says that by God's grace, she feels inspired to speak on religion that is the basis of universal order.
6. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) G 3) A 4) C 5) E
7. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) F 2) G 3) A 4) C 5) B
8. Which of the following should be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) E 2) D 3) A 4) G 5) B
9.Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) C 3) D 4) F 5) E
10.Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) D 3) G 4) F 5) C
1. 2; Replace ‘select’ by ‘selecting’
2. 1; Replace ‘restraint’ by ‘restraints’
3. 4; add ‘to’ before ‘a’
4. 2; replace ‘legs’ with ‘lags’
5. 2; Replace ‘that’ with ‘as’
(6-10) C E G F A D B
6. 1, 7. 4 , 8. 2 , 9. 5 , 10. 1