Directions (Q. 1-5): In each sentence below four words have been printed in bold which are numbered 1), 2), 3) and 4). One of these words may be misspelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the wrongly spelt or inappropriate words. The number of that word is the answer. If all four words are correctly spelt an d appropriate the answer is 5), ie 'All correct.'
1. You will find their homes adourned1)/ with pictures of Hindu deities 2)/ and their immense respect for Hindu gods and
goddesses even3)/ when their religious practices are Islamic 4)/. All correct 5).
2. Oppressive working conditions have 1)/ steadily improved in the last 6 months 2)/, but more must be done to reduce 3)/
the amount of overtime that employees work. 4)/ All correct5) .
3. If Shreya could seen 1)/ the powerful women2)/ in her party now 3)/, she would probably be tickled4)/. All correct 5).
4. Obviously, this goes way 1)/, way deeper than 2)/ social awkwordness3)/ or inept phraseology. 4)/ All correct 5).
5. The musical faternity1)/ at large does not feel it necessary to give karnatik music, 2)/ especially its compositional forms, 3)/ a purely aesthetic thought. 4)/ All correct5).
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) In the forest, a pair of leopards are said to have destroyed 50 watermelons in a field in one night.
B) While most of them are carnivores, a few are exceptions like eating giant pandas.
C) Carnivores are meat-eaters.
D) Crocodiles aren't the only carnivores to eat fruit, Jackals eat peanuts, dates and jamun.
E) The distinguishing character is not what they eat but the presence of claws, canines, and molars.
F) But the scientific classification of life forms includes an order of mammals called carnivora , a huge group of weasels,
civets, dogs, cats, bears, mongooses and seals.
G) Brown palm civets live on a predominantly fruit diet, earning it the distinction of being one of the most frugivorous carnivores in the world, Frugivorous carnivore sounds like a contradiction.
6. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) D 3) E 4) G 5) B
7. Which of the following would be the Last (SEVENTH) sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) C 3) E 4) A 5) F
8. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) D 3) A 4) C 5) G
9. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) E 3) A 4) F 5) C
10. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement?
1) A 2) D 3) B 4) E 5) C
1. 1; The correct spelling is adorned.
2.5; No error
3. 1; Replace 'seen' with 'see'
4. 3; The correct spelling is awkwardness.
5. 1; The correct spelling is fraternity.
(6-10) D A G C F E B