Directions (Q. 1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error', the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. 1) The war has taken at least one lac lives / 2) and displaced about a million people / 3) Many of whom is barely surviving / 4) In terrible conditions / 5) No error.
2. 1) This harassment has settled in a pattern / 2) whose very predictability / 3) is one of the few / 4) stable elements in the dispute. / 5) No error.
3. 1) I want to take students / 2) across some of the things they know / 3) and have seen in popular culture / 4) to the deeper and more nuanced history. / 5) No error
4. 1) On the contrery, such a hurried more / 2) raises a legitimate concern that / 3) the potential implications of the step for other cases / 4) may not have been factored into this politically calculated decision. / 5) No error
5. 1) Whether or not Ritika should be released / 2) would depend on either there were / 3) still legitimate penological grounds for her continued detention / 4) and whether she should continue to be detained on grounds of dangerousness.
/ 5) No error
Directions (Q. 6-10): Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) We are only passing through life-nothing touches us.
B) By abusing our senses, we kill the one could experience it.
C) The divine is manifested here in so many ways all around us.
D) We ask, " Where is love, where is true relationship?" - A voice came from my conscious it is present all around us.
E) But we've made a grave of our senses.
F) Inside, outside, there is nothing other than godliness.
6. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) E 2) A 3) F 4) D 5) B
7. Which of the following would be the LAST (SIXTH) sentence after rearrangement ?
1) B 2) E 3) C 4) F 5) A
8. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
1) D 2) F 3) E 4) A 5) C
9. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
1) A 2) C 3) B 4) D 5) F
10. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
1) E 2) D 3) C 4) B 5) A
1. 3; Replace ‘is’ with ‘are’
2. 1; Replace ‘in’ with ‘into’
3. 2; Replace ‘across’ with ‘beyond’
4. 1; The correct spelling is contrary
5. 2; Replace ‘either’ with ‘whether’
(6-10) C E A D F B
6. 4 , 7. 1 , 8. 3 , 9. 5 , 10. 3