Directions (Q. 1 - 5) : Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions : A word arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule the following is an illustration of input and rearrangement.
Input :19 out 10 full 18 13 lust evil 5 point 15 appear 23 ice.
Step - I :appear 5 19 out 10 full 18 13 lust evil point 15 23 ice.
Step -II:appear 5 evil 13 19 out 10 full 18 lust point 15 23 ice.
Step -III:appear 5 evil 13 ice 19 out 10 full 18 lust point 15 23.
Step -IV: appear 5 evil 13 ice 19 out 23 10 full 18 lust point 15.
Step -V:appear 5 evil 13 ice 19 out 23 point 10 full 18 lust 15.
Step -VI: appear 5 evil 13 ice 19 out 23 point 10 lust 15 full 18.
Step VI is the last step of the rearrangement. As per rules followed in above steps, find out, in each of the following
questions, the appropriate steps for the input given below.
Input:east 17 altitude 31 united 39 food 23 14 in nest 33 come 11 rest.
1. How many steps will be needed to complete the rearrangement ?
1) Four 2) Five 3) Six 4) Seven 5) Eight
2. Which step would be the following output ?'altitude 11 east 17 in 23 united 31 39 food 14 nest 33 come rest'.
1) Step II 2) Step III 3) Step IV 4) Step V 5) None of these
3. Which of the following would be at 4th position from the right in step V ?
1) 14 2) 39 3) food 4) 33 5) None of these
4. Which of the following represent the position of 'rest' in step IV ?
1) Seventh from right 2) Eight from left 3) First from right 4) Fifth from right 5) None of these
5. Which element is fourth to the left of 'food' in step II ?
1) 31 2) 23 3) 17 4) east 5) united
Directions (Q. 6 - 10) : Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements a numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both statements and give answer.
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statements II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If the data either in statement I alone or statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data in statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
6. Six person - O, P, Q, R, S and T are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. What is P's position with respect to T ?
I.Only two person sit between R and S. T is second to the left of S. R and P are immediate neighbours of each other.
II.P is to the immediate right of R. There are only two people between P and O. T is an immediate neighbour of O but not R.
7. What is Raju's rank from the top in a class of 80 students ?
I.Mukesh is 12 rank below Raju and 44th from the bottom.
II.Roshan is 8 rank above Raju and 30th from the bottom.
8. What is the code for 'amazing' in a code language ?
I.In that code language 'we had amazing experience' is written as 'vo da ka li'.
II.In that code language, 'you are amazing' is written as 'ke la vo'.
9. Among P, Q, R and S, who is the lightest ?
I.R is lighter than S but heavier than P and Q.
II.P is heavier than Q. S is heaviest.
10. How is N related to Y ?
I.P is the only maternal uncle of Y, who is only son of R.
II.K's mother is married to N, who has three children.
(1 to 5):
The machine rearranges one word and one number in each step. First, it rearranges words starting with vowel in alphabetical order, and then it rearranges words starting with a consonant in reverse alphabetical order. For numbers, it first arranged prime numbers in ascending order, then composite numbers in ascending order.
Input :east 17 altitude 31 united 39 foods 23 14 in nest 33 come 11 rest.
Step I : altitude 11 east 17 31 united 39 food 23 14 in nest 33 come rest.
Step II:altitude 11 east 17 in 23 31 united 39 food 14 nest 33 come rest.
Step III:altitude 11 east 17 in 23 united 31 39 food 14 nest 33 come rest.
Step IV: altitude 11 east 17 in 23 united 31 rest 14 39 food nest 33 come.
Step V: altitude 11 east 17 in 23 united 31 rest 14 nest 33 39 food come.
Step VI: altitude 11 east 17 in 23 united 31 rest 14 nest 33 food 39 come.
1. 3; 2. 2; 3. 4; 4. 1; 5. 2;
7.3; From I - Mukesh’s rank = 44th from the bottom.
Raju’s rank = 44 + 12 = 56th from the bottom.
From top = 80 - 56 + 1 = 25th
From II - Roshan’s rank = 30th from bottom.
Raju’s rank = 30 - 8 = 22nd from bottom.
Raju’s rank from top = 80 + 1 - 22 = 59
8.5; From I and II, amazing = vo
9.5; From I - S - R - P and Q
So, I alone is not sufficient.
From II - S - P - Q and S is heaviest .
From I and II = S – R – P – Q