Direction (Q. 1-5): Each of the following questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions. Read both statements and give answer:
1) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) If the data in statements II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) If the data in both the statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) If the data in both the statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Who among P, S, K and R is the tallest ?
I.P is not taller than S or R and K is not the tallest.
II.R is shorter than K, who is not taller than S.
2. P, Q, R, S and T are sitting in a row facing north who is sitting in the middle ?
I.P is sitting to the right of S, but to the left of Q, who is sitting between P and T.
II.R sits at either of the extreme ends. Neither Q nor S is an immediate neighbour of R.
3. M, N, O, P and Q are sitting around a circular table facing centre. Who is second to the right of M ?
I.P is second to the left of O, who is on the immediate left of Q.
II.M is third to the right of N, who is on the immediate left of P.
4. How is Q related to D ?
I.F is brother of Q, whose mother is X.
II.N is only sister of F, who is son of D.
5. Towards which direction is P with respect to N ?
I.S is north-west of P and Q is north-east of S, who is north-west of N, who is east of S.
II.N is east of S, who is south-west of Q and P is south of Q.
Directions (Q. 6-8):- Study the following information carefully and answer the given question :
P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W are sitting around a circle, facing the centre. U sits to the immediate right of S and third to the left of P. V sits third to the left of S who does not sit next to T. Q sits next to V but not next to S. R does not sit next to either S or P.
6. Who sits to the immediate left of P ?
1) T 2) U 3) V 4) W 5) None of these
7. What is the position of W with respect to R ?
1) Second to the left 2) First to the right 3) Third to the right 4) Second to the right 5) None of these
8. Which of the following pairs sits between S and V ?
1) P R 2) U W 3) W Q 4) U P 5) None of these
9. B is the sister of A. D is B's father-in-law. How is A related to D ?
1) Daughter - in-law 2) Son-in-law 3) Daughter 4) Son 5) None of these
10. A's sister B is the daughter-in-law of C. C is D's wife. How is A related to D ?
1) Daughter-in-law's brother 2) Daughter-in-law's sister 3) Daughter 4) Son 5) Either 1) or 2)
1. 5; From I - S and R - P and K is not tallest.
Thus, I alone is not sufficient.
From II, S - K - R, Thus, II alone is not sufficient.
From I and II, S - K - R - P
So, S is tallest among them. Thus, both I and II are
2. 2; From - I .
S – P – Q –T
There is no information regarding R. Thus, statement I
alone is not sufficient.
From - II -There is no information regarding P and T. Thus,
statement II alone is not sufficient.
From I and II - S - P - Q - T - R
Thus, Q sits in the middle. Therefore, both the statements
I and II are necessary.
(6 to 8)
6. 1; 7.5; 8. 3; 9. 5;