Directions (Q. 1-3): Read the following information and answer the questions given below.
(i) Rajiv, a medical representative (M. R.), has to meet 7 doctors M, N, O, P, Q, R and S on a particular day between 9 am and 4 pm.
(ii) He takes 30 minutes with each doctor and keeps a gap of 25 minutes between two appointments for travel and preparation except after 5th visit, when he takes 50 minutes’ break for lunch, travel and preparation.
(iii) He has to meet doctor M immediately before Q but immediately after R, who is the third doctor to be met.
(iv) ‘S’ does not give time for M.R. before 9.30 am and after 10.30 am. ‘P’ and ‘N’ meet MR between 2 pm and 3.30 pm only.
1. Who among the following is likely to be the first doctor of that day?
1) S 2) O 3) R 4) Q 5) None of these
2. At what time is he likely to meet doctor ‘S’?
1) 9.55 am 2) 9.30 am 3) 9 am 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
3. If doctor ‘R’ asks him to visit again 25 minutes after his scheduled seventh visit is over, then at what time can he meet doctor ‘R’?
1) 3.55 pm 2) 3.40 pm 3) 3.25 pm 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 4-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: Five friends Yash, Neeraj, Mehul, Ram and Prakash are students of five different disciplines Medical, Engineering, Architecture, Arts, Management and each plays a different musical instrument Sitar, Tabla, Sarod, Guitar and Violin. Mehul, a medical student, does not play Sarod or Sitar nor Guitar. Prakash is neither a student of Engineering nor Management. Ram, who plays tabla, is an Arts student. Neither Prakash nor Yash plays Sarod.
4. Who among the following plays Sarod?
1) Yash 2) Neeraj 3) Prakash 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
5. The guitarist is a student of which of the following disciplines?
1) Engineering 2) Either Engineering or Management 3) Architecture 4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-10): In the following questions the symbols @, +, ©, $, ∆ and ? are used with the following meaning:
P ∆ Q means P is not equal to Q.
P @ Q means P is greater than Q.
P + Q means P is smaller than Q.
P © Q means P is either greater than or equal to Q.
P $ Q means P is either smaller than or equal to Q.
P ? Q means P is equal to Q.
Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and
II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer
1) if only conclusion I is true.
2) if only conclusion II is true.
3) if either conclusion I or II is true.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II is true.
5) if both conclusions I and II are true.
6. Statements : K © M, M R, R ? T
Conclusions : I. K © T II. M ? T
7. Statements : B + D, D @ N, N $ H
Conclusions : I. H © D II. H © N
8. Statements : M © K, K @ P, P $ N
Conclusions : I. M @ N II. M ? N
9. Statements : T $ M, M ? Q, Q + R
Conclusions : I. Q @ T II. Q ? T
10. Statements : D @ B, B $ T, T + M
Conclusions : I. M @ B II. T © B
(1 to 3) Following table represents the time duration in which Rajiv met the doctors:
1. 2, 2.1 , 3. 5; 3.50 pm
(4 to 5)
5. 4; Engineering or Architecture or Management.