Direction (Q. 1–5): In each questions below are given three/four statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer :
1) If only conclusion I follows. 2) If only conclusion II follows. 3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows. 5) If both conclusion I and II follow.
1. Statements : Some books are magazine. All magazines are novel. Some papers are novel.
Conclusion: I.Some magazines are paper. II.Some books are novel.
(2 – 3): Statements : Some labors are intelligent. No intelligent are women. All labors are migrants. All migrants are rural.
2. Conclusion: I.Some intelligent are migrants. II.Some migrants are not women.
3. Conclusion: I.Some rural are labour. II.All rural being intelligent is a possibility.
(4 –5) : Statements : All Pepsi are cola. Some cola are hot. No cola are sweet. All cola are cold.
4. Conclusion: I.Some colds are not sweet. II.All Pepsi are hot.
5. Conclusion:- I.Some Pepsi are hot. II.Some hot are not sweet.
Direction (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions : A word arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of input and its rearrangement. Input :quarries wages family afloat programme lifeline medicine squeeze.
Step - I :afloat quarries wages family programme lifeline medicine squeeze.
Step -II:afloat quarries family programme lifeline medicine squeeze wages.
Step -III:afloat family quarries programme lifeline medicine squeeze wages.
Step-IV: afloat family quarries programme lifeline medicine wages squeeze.
Step-V:afloat family lifeline quarries programme medicine wages squeeze.
Step-VI: afloat family lifeline programme medicine wages squeeze quarries.
Step-VII: afloat family lifeline medicine programme wages squeeze quarries.
Step-VIII: afloat family lifeline medicine wages squeeze quarries programme.
Step VIII is the last step of the above input. As per rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the following
questions the appropriate steps for the given input.
Input:years months really parents amazed written cope lines.
6. How many steps will be required to complete the arrangement of the above input ?
1) Six 2) Seven 3) Eight 4) Five 5) None of these
7. Which of the following will be at 5th position from left in step V ?
1) months 2) really 3) parents 4) line 5) None of these
8. What will be the position of 'parents' in step III ?
1) Sixth from left 2) Fourth from left 3) Fourth from right 4) Fifth from right 5) None of these
9. If' amazed' is related to 'parents' and 'cope' is related to 'years' in the same way 'months' is related to which of the following in step VI ?
1) really 2) written 3) line 4) cope 5) None of these
10. Which of the following steps would be the last step but one ?
1) VI 2) VII 3) IV 4) V 5) None of these
1.2; All magazine are novel (A) + Some paper are novel (I)
conversion ---> Some novel are paper (I) = A + I = No
conversion. So, Some magazine are paper does not follow.
Again, Some books are magazine (I) + All magazine are
novel (A) ---> I + A = I (Some books are novel). Hence,
conclusion II follows.
2.5; Some labor are intelligent (I) ---> conversion ---> Some
intelligent are labor (I) + All labor are migrants (A) = I + A
= I (Some intelligent are migrants). Hence, conclusion I follows.
Again, Some intelligent are migrants (I) ---> conversion
Some migrants are intelligent (I) + No intelligent are
women (E) = I + E = O (Some migrants are not women).
Hence, conclusion II follows.
3.5; All labor are migrants (A) + All migrants are rural (A)
A + A ---> A (All labor are rural). Hence, conclusion I follows.
Again, Some labor are intelligent (I) + All labor are rural
(A) ---> Some intelligent are rural. But conclusion II is true
in possibility. Hence All rural being intelligent is a
possibility is true.
4.1; No cola are sweet (E) ---> conversion ---> No sweet are
cola (E) + all cola are cold (A) ---> E + A = O* (Some cold
are not sweet). Hence, conclusion I follows.
Again, All Pepsi are cola (A) + Some cola are hot (I) = No
conclusion. Hence, All Pepsi are hot does not follows.
5.5; All Pepsi are cola (A) + Some cola are hot (I) = A + I (No
conclusion), Hence, Some Pepsi are hot does not follows.
Again, Some cola are hot (I) ---> conversion ---> Some hot
are cola (I) + No cola are sweet (E) ---> I + E = O (Some hot
are not sweet). Hence, conclusion II follows.
(Q. 6-10): The words which come from the first half of the alphabetical series are arranged alphabetically. The words which come from the second half of the series are arranged in reverse order.
Input : years months really parents amazed written cope lines.
Step I :amazed years months really parents written cope lines.
Step II:amazed months really parents written cope line years.
Step III: amazed cope months really parents written line years.
Step IV: amazed cope months really parents line years written.
Step V: amazed cope line months really parents years written.
Step VI: amazed cope line months parents years written really.
Step VII: amazed cope line months years written really parents.
6.2; 7.2; 8.3; 9.1; 10.1;